Sunday, November 13, 2011

My experience with Red Raspberry Leaf (Rubus Idaeus)

When I first found out I had Endometriosis I came across some information about a few herbs that were indicated to relieve endometriosis’ symptoms.
From the ones I tried Red Raspberry Leaves was the only one that gave me pain relieve almost immediately. I usually have heavy cramps in the first 2 days of my period that put me into bed. When I was working I had to take 2 Ibuprofen 500 mg before leaving the house and keep taking them throughout the day and I would still have waves of pain at some point.
The last 3 cycles I had I might have taken 5 Tylenol total or less. The Red Raspberry Leaves really eased the pain when it was intense, so I could tolerate it and when the cramps were mild it would disappear within 20 minutes after taking 1 capsule of this herb.

Red Raspberry leaf has an ingredient which tones the uterus and muscles of the pelvic region. Red Raspberry leaf is historically known among midwives and women. It relieves painful periods, heavy periods, morning sickness associated with pregnancy, preventing miscarriage, and easing labor and delivery.

While it does help the pain there are some studies that show that Red Raspberry leaf acts like estrogen, therefore should not be used by women who have endometriosis. I asked my doctor she didn’t seem concerned, and said it affects every person differently. I think doctors prefer not to recognize or even acknowledge the benefits of alternative treatments.

Have any of you tried any other herb supplement, tea or any other kind of alternative treatment that helped your endometriosis symptoms?

Next week I start acupuncture. I will keep you all updated ;)

Please post here and let’s help each other find a way to win this war against endometriosis.

3 comments:

  1. I have endometriosis and have been suffering for over a decade. I grew cysts, even on birth control pills. I have had cysts removed, and an ovary removed. I started accupuncture recently. I heard of a chinese herb that can reduce ovarian cysts being that I have now found one on my only remaining ovary. Eating fresh rasberries helps me with pain and inflamation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that. I heard that birth control pills were supposed to help you with Endo symptoms... Acupuncture also helped me lessen the symptoms as cramps and flow but I haven´t had a session since last year, we moved recently.
    I started taking femara that according to doctors and my research helps endo patients and provides a low stimulation the ovaries.

    I still take the red raspberry leaves during my period with ginger tea. It really helps me, except on the first day when I need powerful drugs :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @NewMe how are you doing after all these years, have you managed to get rid of it? I was also recently diagnosed with Endometriosis and I have been on the birth control pill for a few months as prescribed by the gynecologist, but the last ultrasound didn't show much of a difference in the cyst size. I have a family member who had the same issue and got rid of the cyst by using alternative medicine from Healers Who Share, which I am thinking to try also. They say that their treatments works on the root of the problem and prevent future cysts from reappearing. It's a bit pricy, but I think my health is worth it

    ReplyDelete