Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Last days wait


I had high hopes for this cycle. It was my second month on Femara. Also, I have been taking evening primrose oil, baby aspirin, maca, vitamin E and folic acid every day for more than 3 months now. I also had a confirmed ovulation on the side of my opened tube.

Today I am on day 26 of my cycle, 12 DPO. I have been cramping from 5DPO, but very little, almost unnoticeable. My FF chart confirmed (- 1 day) what the doctor said about when I ovulated. And I found out something new the other day that when you have EWCM it doesn't mean you are ovulating on that day, but that you will ovulate in 24-48 hours from that day. You should have intercourse on the day you get the egg white mucus because this type of mucus will help to keep the sperm alive and protect it from a possible acidic environment and it will allow the sperm to travel through your cervix into the egg. Well, I didn't know about that. 


I run an internet check on my doctor this weekend :) and I only found what I already expected, that he is honest and a very good doctor. That helped put my mind into peace for now. He said to keep taking femara and that I don't need to come to the office next cycle because he is certain I am ovulating regularly on my own. I am also thinking to take dostinex for one more month (to keep my prolactin down). I took my last one last week but I will keep taking it if I get my period. If prolactin is triggered by my nervous system I should be taking it until I finally get pregnant. I read about women who took it for a whole year before starting TTC.

So, I got all my ducks in a row during this cycle. If it doesn't happen it will be prove that I must start considering IVF again.

It doesn't look very promising, but hope is the last one to die, right?

4 comments:

  1. That's a nice looking chart--I can clearly see the ovulation dip! Have you tried testing yet? I see your temp dipped low yesterday--maybe this is an implantation dip?

    So glad you have a good an honest doctor--those are really hard to find. It took me a really long time to trust my own too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gina.... :( I couldn't resist and tested yesterday, ... failed!! :(
    AF should come tomorrow or the day after (My B-Day) but still no sign, not even a cramp.
    We will see... but feeling a little down right now!! :(

    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/chartgraph_module.php?d=2013-05-28&mode=a&ts=1369812133&u=


    By the way, I hope you and Nicky are ok! Post updates... :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh booo :-( Well it is still a bit early and its not over until AF rears her ugly head! It sounds like you have a good doctor over there though so hopefully it is only a matter of time before you get your BFP!

    Sending you very happy early birthday wishes from here! Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sweetie... we are traveling today to the Black sea to celebrate our Birthday (me and hubby have birthdays on the same day). There will be a rock fest and Deep purple concert so it will take my mind off this long wait.
    I tested this morning again, 14 DPO, BFN. :( But you r right it is only over when it is over and still no sign of AF.

    Thank you so much for the support! :*

    ReplyDelete