Sunday, July 22, 2012

IVF in August


Finaly we reached a consensus! We are going ahead with IVF. The doctor we contacted back in Europe has given us all the direction and all we have to do to go ahead with IVF in August. Up to now, I wasn’t really nervous, but yesterday when we were looking for the medicines to buy online and the tickets I got into panic mode.  I started fighting with my husband because of nothing really important. Poor guy! He’s been so stressed this time around, since he has to do pretty much all the work translating between me and the doctor. When we had the IUIs, the only thing he knew was the day to show up and produce the sperm. Now, he is thinking about medicines, dates, shots, I can see he is really anxious and nervous. He keeps asking me to not get depressed if IVF doesn’t work and to not make him feel guilty.

I feel so sorry for him, but can I really promise him I will be fine if IVF doesn’t work? Of course not!  I will be destroyed. So there is no other option but a positive result. I can’t really imagine going through all of this more than once. 
 
I am leaving to Europe in 10 days. I will start with a GnRH agonist (Nafarelin) on day 20 of this cycle that just started, around August 8th, and then induction will start on the 21st. I have been reading about Nafarelin/ Synarel, couldn’t find much though. It seems that they only use this in a few countries in Europe. It is not only used to control ovarian stimulation but it also used to treat conditions such as endometriosis or uterine fibroids. 

Our major concern right now is the distance. I am sending all the test he asked from the U.S. but it is not the same as if it was from his laboratory of preference. Also, he will be on vacation right when I start the induction and he won't be able to see me every other day as it is usually done. But we won't have other chance to go with our schedules, so it is now or never. The doctor is still confident we can make it work. As if all of this wasn't enough, I will be at my mother's house and I don't want to tell her what is going on. I don't need the extra pressure... uff... it will be a crazy month, that is for sure!

Thanks to my endometriosis I had the worst period of the year during the whole weekend. Nothing helped, I was really bloated, awful cramps and very high flow.  The flow was very dark and the clots were bigger than ever. I wonder if the baby aspirin is helping at all. Today is day 5 of my cycle and I am spotting and I still feel a burning sensation in my left side. I can't wait to go right back to birth control pills so I can keep my endo under control.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to wish you lots of luck on this cycle again!! My doctor told me endometriosis patients have a very good outcome with ivf because many times endometriosis keeps the egg and sperm from meeting and/or exposes the embryo to a toxic environment on its way into the uterus, and ivf fixes that directly! My friend has stage four endo and ivf worked for her on the first try! I hope you can keep us updated from Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear! How are you doing?

    I am very hopeful. That is what I think my problem is.. I think sperm and egg are not meeting... before I had a laparoscopy I did an HSG that showed problems in both tubes, the fluid wouldn´t go through. Anyway, nobody really know but I hope that the IVF will work from the first time.

    Of course I will keep u updated... not being able to tell anyone about it, I only have you guys to ease my stress!! Hope u r doing well and best of luck for u too!!!

    ReplyDelete