Friday, July 27, 2012

No pain, only excitment


The weird pain is gone. I was telling a Greek friend about it and she said it sounded like a kidney thing because of the position and type of pain, and actually doctor Google said the same. She told me that it could be “Cold Kidney”; she mentioned that the kidney is very sensitive to changes of temperature. The truth is that I am complaining every day that my husband cranks up the air conditioning and I am always cold. Yesterday I decided to put on some more clothes and sleep with a thicker blanket, surprise, surprise, no pain this morning and during the whole day.

Today I got the confirmation that one of the medicines I have to start taking on day 20 of my cycle has arrived. The medicine is called Synarela (Nafarelin Acetate) and it is a spray that I will have to use for 2 weeks before I start the induction. I am getting excited about the IVF and trying to work on a positive thinking. I want to believe that a positive attitude is going to help me to get my BFP. 

The total of the medicines (Synarela+Merional) added up to a little under $ 1.000 (us dollars). I am not sure how much will be the total cost in the clinic but it shouldn’t be more than $2.000. Compared to the price in U.S. clinics it is a very good price (if it works, obviously). I am trying to think that even if it doesn’t work we will have more information on about what to do next. 

The dificult part will be to remain calm and try not to get anxious. I wish I could go to sleep now and only wake up when I have a positive stick in my hand (lol)!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting a good price for your meds! We were getting ready to pay around 3k just for meds and 12k for the ivf!

    I definitely think a positive attitude will help with a bfp! I heard some studies about it and it seems like there is a correlation! I also read eating pineapple and laughing after the transfer leads to better implantation rates (I know it sounds weird but I was getting ready to employ all this stuff for my cycle too)

    Good luck and just keep thinking of a little baby growing inside you in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that you need it, but for future references, this British web site has pretty good prices in comparison with American pharmacies and clinics (ivfmeds.com).
    I am not sure if I will find pineapple in Bulgaria but I will try to laugh... I am getting a little anxious but I am feeling overall pretty positive. Stalking your blog to know more about your little one... updates!! please!! :)

    ReplyDelete